Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Kiwi Crate and my Professional Education Resources Project Kits

I was perusing Kiwi Crate for a few new ideas for projects for my summer camp kids. I was having a great time tripping the light fantastic across pages of project ideas perfect for kids when I was suddenly nudged by a gentle desire to read the "about us" page. I was pleased, but not surprised to find that the web site was created by an educator like myself who, out of sheer frustration, wanted materials and methods to make learning experiences more dynamic, economic, and efficient.  What a neat idea.

Of course, an undertaking like this probably requires a lot of connections and community resources.  I have a few good connections, but I haven't harnessed and preserved a majority of them.  The concept is perfect.  Creating projects and learning experiences for children, that can be repeated by others quickly, easily, and successfully.  The possibilities are endless and the possible capital that can be gained from such an endeavor is curious for me.

Here are a few steps I plan on taking.
1.  Accumulate resources on existing projects.
2. Make contact lists and connections for existing projects.
3. Put resources, contacts, and connections to use.  Unless I start trying my resources, contacts and connections, I wont find out if they are legitimate or reliable.
4.  Evaluate existing projects.
5. Generate a budget and costs both in time, capital, and experience cache.
6. Start sharing my projects with other professionals.
7. Follow up on participants, professionals and students who have used my projects.
8. Create a timeline and lifespan for related projects.
9.  Generate a database for archiving, bundling, or revising projects.
10.  Assess the market for needed projects and learning experiences.

I expect this post to be updated occasionally. Last updated on June 3, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment